Mist

Image borrowed here

The sun have not shown it's face yesterday. It rained non-stop which irritated me a little. I have never really considered a rainy day a very good one. Seeing the sky gray was a dread sight to witness and hearing the tiny raindrops' trickle as it gently pours on everything is really getting into my nerves. And yes, let's not forget the hassle of bringing out your umbrella when you already carry loads of other school stuffs with you, your feet soaked and all pruny in mud, and all the public jeepneys packed with passengers testing their patience on crammed space and the stuffy atmosphere just to get home as soon as possible.

Weird. But I've always believed that the world mourns over someone/something when it rains. But who could have the world mourn over that made the sky shed it's tears all day? I don't know.

I came home late, maybe around 9:30PM with a hungry stomach. I ate my dinner alone, as usual during these days, and it kind of saddened me more. 11:25 PM. I lie awake in bed. Can't sleep and still raining. Can't feel the cold temperature brought forth by the sky's tears. I took a long bath. Read the Bible and slept at around 12:30.

I woke up early this morning at around 5:30 to go over my newspaper route. The rings under my eyes got even darker. I'm so weak. So exhausted.

I was in that current state of brooding when I was surprised to hear some birds singing. I rarely hear one these days because of the city's noise pollution. As I enter our front door after I have delivered the newspapers, my eyes caught notice of the remains of the mysterious bunch of flowers our fortune plant(that's what they call it) brought about. The dry petals lay dead under its shadows, drowning over a puddle. Sigh. I guess I'll never smell it's luscious fragrance tonight. I guess I'll never see it's buds bloom under the moon's light.

The rain have stopped and in place of it is a thick mist embracing everything that I laid my eyes upon. I still can't feel the chilly temperature everyone in my family is talking about. I wonder if I'll ever see the sun shine today.

Comments

Popular Posts