Vocal Torture

Image borrowed here

It was vocal torture. A truth that I cannot and will not deny. It is what I get from deciding to sing consecutively in four, sometimes even five, Eucharistic celebrations during Sundays. It is what I get from helping out and drowning from all the expectations that grows and feed my self-esteem. It is what I get from actually enjoying the right notes and voicings. It is what I get from singing.

But now it must all come into a stop. Bummer. As much as I hate it to be. I was reprimanded by my choir mistress yesterday regarding my being a turncoat in the vocal range of the Basses that I may have been too comfortable with to return to the range of the Tenors. It was a pain to sing all the high notes again. Signs of the strain I've been putting too much on my vocal chords.

Now, I just don't know what to do. I thought I could have the best of both worlds. But I was wrong. So wrong that I have no idea singing could be so painful. *sigh*



Comments

Popular Posts