Here are my reflections in light of my recent thesis deliberations yesterday which turned out completely not what I had expected <writing in a frustrated manner>
- McNamara's Architectural Theology can never be understood by architects with a functionalist mind setting much less be suggested upon those who are addicted with the modernist notion of progress and development.
- Architects needed grace and divine intervention in order to understand Architectural Theology.
- Our college is never ready for a process-oriented-type of thesis. They busy themselves like all 'modern' and avante-garde architects by the cultural hypes and pleasure in the application of the latest trend and latest innovation - another proof of this age's upward mobility and false notion of development.
- There are those who can't stand being lectured upon. That's why they dwell upon their preconceived notions and assumptions, taking pride in their pretensions. They pretend to listen. They pretend to know. They pretend to understand. But they never listen. They know little. Because they are too stubborn to understand.
- There are matters which cannot be explained by purported figures and statistics. Design philosophies and theoretical discourses in theology are examples of those matters.
- Those who pretend to understand will never understand.Those who walk the road less traveled risk the chances of being mocked and called a fool.