Monday, June 30, 2008

The Church of Oprah


A friend was telling me about these videos circulating around YouTube regarding the Church of Oprah. Curious, I took the time to check them out myself and I found them really disturbing. Their Church is totally under the category of New Age, Oprah denied Jesus Christ, their belief about God and Heaven are completely whacked up, and I personally think it is very confusing and dangerous to those who are seeking God.

I don't know if I'm on the position to abhor Oprah and her beliefs. I think her mind was just corrupted and I think she's just confused, just as I was during my great depression, torn apart by two main-stream Christian denominations, completely in rubbles, and confused about my convictions.


Well, yeah, about my convictions, I prayed and waited, and it was in my devotions that Jesus answered me. “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.”(John 12:46) It was then that it hit me that everything’s going to be okay and that I need not to worry. It was followed by, “Do not let you hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.”(John14:1)

I’m still not sure if I’m back on track. I still get confused every now and then. But those two verses that hit me while reading the Bible were the promises and commands I still cling to up to this day. There is an ongoing renewal and revival in the parish I’m serving right now. I’m just happy to have witness these days when many more are answering their calling and accepting the Lord in their lives. It's really a great honor to be a part of it.

I pray for the Church of Oprah and all those who are in it to open their eyes and hearts. I pray for the Lord to use me in rescuing those who are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?

The Garden of the Saints

Visiting a botanical nursery garden, one is amazed by the variety of plants and flowers, and often one is drawn to think of the i...