Thursday, May 28, 2009

An Answered Prayer


My mom's friend invited me last weekend to take part in a two-day class called Catholic Life in the Spirit Seminar (or CLSS) at Christ the King Parish along E. Rodriguez Avenue in Quezon City. There I was introduced to The Holy One of the Lord Catholic Foundation, Inc. that has been conducting seminars for years. It was the first time I ever attended a catholic charismatic community and I was delighted and amazed to see how fired up the congregation was that kind of reminds me of a Baptist church I used to attend and take doctrinal classes a year ago. Suddenly an idea played in mind that thankfully and finally, Catholics are learning from other Christian denominations on how to study and evangelize their faith.

One of the gifts that I received on the second and last day of the seminar was an opportunity to partake on what they call the Vineyard and Pre-Servanthood Formation Program that are similar to subject courses I will be taking just like regular classes every Friday. I think it was the highlight of my experience since I’ve been longing to be a part of a Catholic community that will train and foster me for deeper personal sanctification so as to practice and live the Christian way of life. I mean, really really live the Christian way of life.

Up till now, I still can’t believe that all these are happening. I always pray for growth and spiritual nourishment aside from the usual Sunday masses and service in the music ministry of our parish. I’m just happy that I’m finally undergoing a formal training and education about my Catholic faith.

Thank you Lord for this answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?