Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Reminder


Tired and satisfied, we got home last wednesday at around 11.30p from our great dinner slash choir practice at Ate J's place at Sct. Rallos. We sang our hearts and voices out as we rehearse new voicings to the songs we usually sing at Mass every Sunday. It was hard learning some of the pieces but I had a very wonderful time putting in mind that every wrong note sung will not be in vain for we have been progressing. In fact, I've never heard our group sing in 4 voices!

Looking back, I never thought I'd be a part of a choir in my parish. In fact, I used to stare and fantasize about being one even before my early parish involvement. Now that my dreams have finally come true, I'll never let this opportunity of service slip away. This is also one of the reasons why I keep on coming back. It always sweeps me off away every time I see the congregation sing songs of prayer and worship in unison. And it's a constant reminder that I don't have to be alone in my daily battle.
I've been away for too long and I am ashamed of all the sins I've committed. But what warms my heart most that never fails to break me down in tears of repentance is that despite all that I've done, my Lord and the rest of the Church is still there, waiting for me to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?