Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spicy Chao Fan Memories: The Sequel?

And don't get me started on that picture of my feet.


Looking back, it was summer two years ago when I was urged by my father to run for the position of SK Chairman in our barangay. It gives me the creeps and as well as the laughs remembering those times I went through all that campaign shenanigans, including ringing the doorbells of those kids in rich neighborhoods parading my name all over the place and sticking posters of my over-magnified face on every living tree in our community. Click fast-forward to the present and I realize it is a laughing matter no more.

During the two days my group mates and I worked on that Design plates at home, we chance upon eating lunch with my father and ended up talking about candidates and party lists for the upcoming May elections. I thought I was experiencing a major déjà vu when he started implying again in front of my friends that I run for the position of Kagawad, this time replacing him in the office since this is his last term of service.


I consider my loss over the position SK Chairman two years ago as a blessing because I was saved from a community-sized responsibility (that almost seemed gargantuan for my average 16-year old mind at the time) of standing as a youth leader. I just can't believe I'm going through this all over again carrying bigger expectations from dad, and heavier future responsibilities

I don't know what to do. And I'm scared of what might become of me after all that.

2 comments:

  1. yes, it really is a big responsibility. i'm glad tho, that at least you tried than not having tried at all. :) take it as an experience. :) noha i didnt know that. how cool!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinakantyawan nga ako ni Nanay eh... sabeh nia pag nagkataon ako daw ang magiging pinakabatang kagawad ever... susunod daw ako sa yapak ni Herbert Bautista... aack...

    ayos lang but i can't even imagine myself being in that position...

    nakoh kung alam mu lang kung bakit namin to ginagawa... hai...

    ReplyDelete

What do your active brain cells perceive?