Friday, February 19, 2010

Ash Wednesday



Ash Wednesday marks the start of Lenten Season for the Church. I voluntarily received the ash in my forehead as a sign of my repentance and sorrow over my sins. I was surprised at the number of parishioners who attended mass that evening. The church was almost full to the brim that there were no seats left for us arriving ten minutes late after my intense decision-making session whether to attend our most important choir rehearsal (this is in preparation for the new songs of Lent), or to stay at home with some group mates cramming up late to finish our final (!?) plate in Design.

I ended up choosing the latter only to find out the next day that the submission was moved to the second week of March. It was irritating having sacrificed choir rehearsals for nothing (well, not really.) and at the same time relieving since that gives us enough time to improve on our work.

We were completely beat after that two intensive days of non-stop drafting and rendering. But I'm quite glad, in fact, to work on our brains and creative juices like that because it keeps my mind focused on what really matters. Strange but I can almost look at it as a form of prayer. It's as if you feel that you were really cut out for that kind of purpose.

Having failed to prepare for the Lord's coming during the season of Advent and as well as a form of my sorrow, today I acknowledge that I am broken, sick, and sinful. That there is an intense need for me to be restored.

Create in me a pure heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me O God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?