Friday, November 12, 2010

Objectives

 Image borrowed here

This must be the nth time I have seen myself flabbergasted when someone tries to inquire about my goals and objectives as an architectural student. I am already in my second semester of studies as a fourth year undergraduate yet I still have not given it much thought as to what I really wanted from my life and where do I wanted to go from here. Well, I’m quite sure I’m not the only one juicing my brain out trying this quintessential question and I’m not sure the following really is much of an objective but here goes. 

  • To give back the love my parents invested in my taking up this course in terms of finance;
  • To apply the knowledge and wisdom I have gained throughout my college days to the community I have been chosen to serve having elected as one of the youngest council member in our barangay;
  • And to ultimately continue loving and serving God whom I’ve always believed the one that gave me this passion and direction in life.

Prior to our subject course orientation last meeting in Architectural Design 8, I’ve never made an effort to concretely put my objectives in words. I would have to agree with our Design 8 adviser, Architect B, though, that without these objectives that serves as your framework in life, you are distinctively similar to a free-floating being whose feet do not touch the ground.

I really do not trust my own desires. That is why I am in constant discernment as to where He wanted me to go. But looking from where I am now, I’ve made it this far by His guidance. And I know He will lead the rest towards my finish line.

I guess that is all I can say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?