Monday, September 12, 2011

Vizprint WIT Reader's Day Review

I was supposed to participate in a tree-planting event by the Luzon State jurisdiction at the La Mesa Reservoir in Fairview last Saturday when my alarm clock failed to fulfill its purpose of waking me at 4 in the morning. I was devastated that I was left by my brothers. Fortunately on a different account, I had read the day before in Will's blog an event where I could meet the authors of my fave pop comics and literature. So goes the spontaneous change of plans for the day for failing to wake up early.

Photos from the exhibit hall of the recent Visprint Writers in Talk first ever annual reader's day held at the SMX Convention Center in the Mall of Asia Compound last Saturday (Credit goes to Ate Mylene Reyes for lending me permission to use flicks of the event)

 
Was hyped to see them in flesh: Paolo Fabregas (The Filipino Heroes League), 
Manix Abrera (Kikomachine Komix Collection), Karen Francisco (Naermyth), 
Carlo Vergara (Zsa Zsa Zaturnah) and Alan Navarra!

My starstruck moment with Alan Navarra, author of Girl Trouble (2007) and the recently released dumot. Apparently, the latter title has not been released in the market yet. The first printed copies were introduced during the event. I had mine signed. And I think I'm the first reader to have ever laid an eye in these babies :) ayeee~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?