Sunday, October 9, 2011

Update 10.9.11: Three Encounters

  • Council Leader: Woke up last Monday with an urge to repair restrained relationships. I marched in our community center and talked uninhibitedly with our council leader. Expressed and unloaded diplomatically my true frustrations and disappointments as a young councilor with all the rumors and shenanigans going around. I realized that building lasting relationships truly takes time and effort but how I truly wish there really was an untainted ground to start with. It’s just so hard to grow in a toxic environment.
  • Beggar: It was almost a week now since I had that spontaneous tender regard from a beggar that I encountered on my way to the university. I saw him in the footbridge in Cubao wearing only some rugged clothes in the middle of so many passersby. Barefoot and extending his hand to whosoever kind that will spare him some change, it was evident from his tears how exasperated and painful he felt. It was in this sight that I had a strong nudging urge to embrace him and tell him that God loves him so much. But I just walked past him with only tears welling up my eyes. I offered a prayer for him while I was on the jeepney. I wish I had done something to ease any pain that he had. I wish I had embraced him and whispered that everything’s going to be alright. I just wish I had…
  • Blogger Friend: I have a blogger friend who’s also contemplating about entering the seminary. Can’t wait to meet up with him and just share stories. I’m glad that I’m not alone in this one. I’ve been downloading a lot of vocation stories in Youtube for some perspective. I’m also thinking about devoting 1-2 hours of my time every other day in front of the Blessed Sacrament and continuing with my parish visits on free days. I should deposit myself more in stillness and silence.

2 comments:

  1. naisip ko rin dating pumasok sa seminary hanggang narealized kong dududmihan ko lang ang simbahan. hahaha pero totoo, minsan naisip ko talag yun. kaso di para sakin

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe :) astegh sir mots! lamu mu bang yung isa kong nilapitang priest eh nabasa ang blog mu? tawa sya ng tawa! panalo ka talaga Sir!

    ReplyDelete

What do your active brain cells perceive?