Monday, November 8, 2010

Boring Day: Intellectual Jerkoff



Image borrowed here; featuring a newspaper dress made from 30 copies of the 'Financial Times' by designer Gary Harvey

The second semester of my studies as a fourth year architecture student officially starts today. But sadly none of my professors seem to mind when not even one showed up. Haha. It has always been like that every start of the sem. So I ended up hanging out with my good old friends doing absolutely nothing all afternoon but listen to songs in their cell phones and blabber on the latest news in town (I was completely left out because I haven’t been watching the evening news for weeks) posing as intellectual Joes in an absolutely stimulating session of intellectual jerk-off. We ventured into issues about the big television networks that randomly ended up in politics and the country’s economy, topics that I shamefully know little considering the realm of local governance I’m about to embark in.


At that moment I suddenly realized that I have no right in any case to be ignorant in such matters. If I really wanted to be good at this I really should take some time to be informed by bringing back my old routine of reading broadsheets.


Oh boy, this is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do your active brain cells perceive?